Tomorrow night, a team of 11 people will meet at Grace Church to drive to the JKF airport in New York. At 6:20am on Saturday morning, their plane leaves for Haiti! They should arrive at their final destination sometime in the afternoon. The team will be staying at the Bible Institute in Cap Haitien, and has the opportunity to minister to the staff and local kids in that village. They are also doing a VBS at the House of Hope Orphanage (outside of Cap Haitien) during the week. The VBS will include sports, games, activities, crafts, and loving on the kids. The staff and kids at HOH will also receive a Bible and will be challenged on how they can be following Jesus all year long. (This was a special project this year and is a crucial part of the trip… we want them to continue growing in faith even when we don’t have teams down there teaching them!) The key verse for the week will be Proverbs 3:5,6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.”
PLEASE be praying for these specific requests:
- HEALTH for ALL!–There is a mosquito illness – the Chikungunya virus – going around in Haiti that has affected a lot of people. Symptoms are very similar to what we experienced with some of our team last year- fever, diarrhea, dehydration, joint aches, etc. PLEASE pray that our team is not hit with this. We will be bathing in bug spray!!
- Safety and protection, all around
- Team unity
- Patience for our translators
- Eyes to be opened to God’s love and truth
- Softening of hearts to obey Him
- Wisdom for Steve and Shelly in leading the team the entire trip
When we receive updates from the Haiti team, you’ll see them here on the blog!